Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Worm: Jumping for Justice

Readers,

I've been recently noticing a trend in the blogosphere called the Jock Update, a public display of one's athletic prowess. As many of your know, I too am an athlete of sorts. Superheros are to athletes what a Ducati is to a Moped. We are the dream, the reason to awake at 4 a.m., and pound the pavement in sub-zero temperatures while the rest of the world lies peacefully nestled beneath their covers. Inside of every athlete there lies the potential for greatness. Sometimes all it takes to overcome your limitations is a little motivation.

Motivation can come in many forms. Most athletes train to better themselves, to push their own personal limits, to prove themselves worthy. Yet, I train because the world depends on it. If I fail, evil wins.

And so while most of these Jock Updates are focused on more traditional forms of exercise like running (I'm looking at you Mr. I-Ran-8 miles-in 1:08:57), I've decided to give the world a glimpse at what it takes to keep a superhero fit. Prepare to stand in awe. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment